WordPress is a fantastic open-source platform. It is the most basic and widely used method for businesses to create high-quality websites. WordPress development is the creation and upkeep of WordPress websites. Best Graphic Design Company uses them to enhance their website productivity.
There are approximately 1.3 billion websites on the internet as of 2022. WordPress is currently used by 708 million of these sites. With over 2 million downloads per year, this figure is expected to skyrocket.
Although WordPress development was originally intended only for blogging and online publishing, businesses can adapt WordPress to build a variety of websites.
Here are some websites that can be created using WordPress development:
- E-commerce establishments
- Websites for members
- Websites for businesses
- Websites for discussion forums
- Websites for e-learning
- Websites for events
- Portfolios for professionals
- Websites for weddings
The only limit is your imagination! There are virtually limitless possibilities for the types of websites that can be created using WordPress development. WordPress themes and plugins give businesses a plethora of design options and additional functionalities.
Who is a WordPress Developer?
A WordPress developer is someone who focuses on designing and implementing websites for businesses on the WordPress platform. They have extensive knowledge of the platform’s infrastructure and ecosystem and concentrate their efforts on improving new product development — WordPress themes and plugins.
It is widely accepted that WordPress development does not necessitate coding knowledge. However, WordPress developers must have expert knowledge of building a robust WordPress site to meet the needs of a business.
WordPress developers are classified into three types:
Core WordPress Developer: These developers focus on the back-end operations of the WordPress development software. They write code to improve the WordPress platform’s functionality.
WordPress Theme Designer Custom: WordPress themes are created by theme developers. These themes could be for individual clients or distributed through a third-party marketplace such as themeforest.net. They can also freely distribute it in the WordPress Theme Directory.
WordPress Plugin Designer: These developers, as the name implies, create custom plugins. WordPress plugin developers, like theme developers, can develop plugins for specific people and release them on third-party websites.
Advantages of WordPress Development
- Simple to use: WordPress is easy to set up, use, and manage. While the core platform of WordPress is built using several coding languages, extensive coding knowledge is not required for WordPress.
- Free: WordPress.org hosts the software for free. However, you must pay to obtain a domain name and web hosting.
- Flexible: WordPress development allows you to create a wide range of websites.
- Free and open-source software: WordPress is not owned by any single company or entity because of this, it can be used by anyone.
- SEO: WordPress simplifies search engine optimization. Businesses can easily incorporate header tags and keywords into their websites. It also includes several plugins, such as Yoast SEO, to help you manage your SEO efforts.
- Extensible: Developers from all over the world work together to improve the software’s functionality. These community contributors are constantly changing the landscape of the platform and improving its performance. Developers can choose from a plethora of theme and plugin options or create their custom themes and plugins.
- Customizable: WordPress development themes can be easily customised. When working with more advanced WordPress themes, they function more like page builders and provide developers with complete control over the website layout and design.
- Support: The WordPress Website Designer UK, uploads images, video, audio, and documents in a variety of formats. It supports a wide range of media formats, including some that are uncommon.
Different graphic design companies have started providing WordPress development facilities to help clients in standing out from the crowd and stay at the top in searches.