Most middle-aged men suffer from baldness. It can affect their appearance and cause low self-confidence. Men exhibiting signs of hair loss must contact a dermatologist in Rawalpindi to identify the cause. The specialist will help the individual make lifestyle changes to prevent further complications.
The common causes of hair loss are:
- Genes: Men with family members with baldness are at a higher risk of suffering from androgenetic alopecia. The person can notice thinning of hair in their teenage years. Hair loss can affect physical appearance. Thus, it is best to take precautionary measures to slow the process.
- Other Medical Conditions: Men suffering from anemia and thyroid disease can notice a change in their physical health. The patient suffers from temporary hair loss; however, treatment for underlying treatment helps in hair growth.
- Poor Dietary Habits: People must maintain healthy dietary habits for normal organ functioning. Lack of protein and iron intake can cause hair loss in men. Therefore, people must monitor their unhealthy habits and take steps to become a better version of themselves.
- Side Effects of Medications: Medications to treat depression, heart disease, gout, arthritis, and high blood pressure can cause hair loss. The individual exhibiting signs of hair loss after taking medication must discuss their symptoms with the specialist. The alternatives can help prevent further hair loss.
- Stress: Stress and anxiety can cause physiological changes. It increases the risk of suffering from hair loss and related complications. Thus, individuals must maintain a balance between personal and professional life. Also, the person must avoid stressors to enhance overall functioning.
- Compromised Immune System: The immune system attacks the hair follicle and causes hair loss. The excessive hair fall can cause distress, and the patient may exhibit signs of hair loss in childhood.
- Suffering from Trichotillomania: Trichotillomania is an impulse control disorder in which the individual has an irrational urge to pull out the hair from different parts. It can affect appearance and lead to anxiety. It increases the risk of infection; thus, it is best to seek professional help to overcome unhealthy habits.
- Patients of Chemotherapy: The side effect of chemotherapy and radiation therapy is hair fall. However, most patients can notice average hair growth after the treatment.
- Recurrent Infections: Ringworm can cause bald spots and scaly patches. The treatment is proven effective in the regrowth of hair.
The steps that can help prevent hair loss in men are:
- Avoid Using Heat-Producing Equipment: The heat leads to hair follicle dehydration, which increases the risk of permanent damage. Thus, men must avoid using a hairdryer daily for styling.
- Avoid Hair Dyes: Men at a higher risk of baldness must avoid hair dyes, perming, and keratin treatment.
- Use Supplements: Men at a higher risk of genetic hair loss should use Vitamin D, C, and iron supplements to delay the process.
- Hair Transplant: Men who become anxious and overly concerned about their appearance can undergo a hair transplant procedure. However, the patient must be aware of the cost and aftercare of the treatment.
- Monitor Changes in Physical Health: Stress and poor diet can cause hair loss. Men must consume fruits, vegetables, and meat to enhance their physical health and prevent hair loss. Aldo, patients with prior medical illnesses, should remain conscious regarding bodily changes to avoid further complications.
- Eradicate Smoking from Lifestyle: Smoking causes hair follicles to become brittle. Thus, making them prone to permanent damage. Men must prioritize their physical health and eradicate smoking for lifestyle.
- Use Essential Oils: Essential oils stimulate hair growth. Chinese hibiscus, peppermint, ginseng, and lavender oils help prevent hair loss. It is best to apply oil for thirty minutes daily to prevent hair fall.
The dermatologist at Mid City Hospital can help the patient understand the cause of hair fall. Patients desiring to opt for a hair transplant must seek guidance regarding the procedure, cost, and aftercare from a competent and reliable specialist.